Over 100 attendees, caregivers, presenters and volunteers all made the retreat a huge success.
Co-Hosted by the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition & Teal It Up Ovarian Cancer Foundation, the 2022 Rejuvenate Retreat, held July 8 – 10 at the Boulders Resort and Spa in Scottsdale, AZ, brought together ovarian cancer survivors and caregivers from all around the southwest and beyond. Three days of speakers and special group sessions were heralded as being informative, educational and enlightening as well as relaxing and rejuvenating. Throughout the long weekend, attendees shared their stories with each other and connected with their “Sisters in Teal”, for some resulting in new and special friendships.
As the retreat ended, Teal It Up Founder and outgoing Board CEO, Jan Coggins, had this to say: “I have been blessed for the last ten years to have led the Teal It Up Ovarian Cancer Foundation. We believe cancer doesn’t change who we, rather reveals who we are, teal strong.”
Last, but never least, our very heartfelt thank you to our dedicated sponsors, donors and presenters. We couldn’t have done it without you!
[ SCROLL DOWN FOR RETREAT PHOTO GALLERY ]
Key Note Speaker and General Session Presenters:
- AmirAli Talasaz; Co-Chief Executive Officer of Guardant Health
- Patti Milligan; Director of Nutrition, Ph.D. in neuroscience of taste on “Building Nutritional Resilience”
- Damini Desai Morah; Genetic Counselor and Oncology Regional Medical Specialist with Myriad Genetics
- Dr. Dana Chase; MD, FACOG
- Dr. Dennis Scribner; MD, FACOG, FACS
- Kelly Colonello; Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner
- Maggie Klint; Certified Genetic Counselor at Mayo Clinic
- Diane Owens; Freelance writer, speaker and spiritual director-companion speaking on “Resilience & Hope”
- Melissa Aucoin; Chief Executive Officer for the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition
- Meredith Mitstifer; Licensed Clinical Psychologist and Chairman of the Board for the NOCC
- Special Guests – The Sun City Poms; Inspiration for the movie “Poms” starring Diane Keaton
Breakouts sessions and workshops:
- Corry Johnson from doTerra: Essential Oils for Vibrant Living
- Yoga Nidra for deep relaxation taught by Heidi Royter, Owner of Be Free Wellness & Yoga
- Somatic Healing Practice on the challenge, healing, and intention setting; Terra Schaad from Hunkapi Farms
- More than a Meal Cooking Demonstration with Jennifer Caraway, The Joy Bus Founder and Chef
- Journaling for Health with Diane Owens of Spiritual Direction
- Aqua Fitness, Chair Yoga and Zumba Gold taught by Barbara Sweet
- Pickleball Clinic with Jan Coggins, Founder of Teal It Up Ovarian Cancer Foundation
- Beauty Bar – mini hair & makeup makeovers from Rudy’s Cuts & Color and Rouge Medical Aesthetics & Makeup
- Massage Therapy with licensed therapists from Camelback Medical Center and SW Institute of Healing Arts
And a very special shout-out to our Sponsors:
2022 REJUVENATE RETREAT PHOTO GALLERY:
For more information contact:
NOCC Mountain Regional Mgr.
TIU Founder & CEO